Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Horseback riding in Brazil

Nicole has been asking me for riding lessons all winter, and seeing as I haven't followed through, I was feeling a bit guilty. 

So when our driver, Flavio (grand master black belt, carrying)  mentioned she could go riding here in Brazil, Nicole was all for it. 

Flavio & Nicole outside our hotel : 



I was a bit unsure ... the thought of Nic on a horse riding up mountain trails when she has not really mastered riding was a bit too much to swallow. But I was game to go check it out. 

When we arrived at one of the most lovely, manicured stables and riding fields in a valley south of Rio, I was much relieved ... 




Nic got a miniature pony named Bombom (bunny tail in Portuguese) ...



Flavio had smoke (yes, the horse sank a bit when Flavio got on ;) : 



and I had Tarzan : 


We rode around the compound for an hour, with Nicole being led by a nice guy, whose name I could not pronounce. 


I'm sure we never exceeded the speed limit : 

On the way home, Falvio drove us past the future Olympic venue, and the Olympic village ... all of which are way behind construction schedule.   This will not be the home of the sailing venue ... that's up north in the bay. 




1 comment:

  1. What a thrilling post. It is extremely chock-full of useful information. Thanks for such a great info. racecard ratings

    ReplyDelete